Here are some of the benefits that getting involved in a Forever Active activity could bring to you:
• Reduce your risk of ill-health
• Stay healthy, active and independent for longer
• Meet and socialise with like-minded people in a venue close to home
• Feel part of your local community
• Get fit in a fun, friendly and non-competitive environment
• Improve your balance and stay steady on your feet
• Be energised in the daytime and sleep better at night
• Feel healthier and improve your strength
In general, as people get older, they exercise less and less. Research suggests that 65% of people aged over 55 in East Herts do no physical activity at all, with just 13% taking part in the recommended 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise three or more times a week.
Similarly, it is estimated that by the age of 75, only one in ten men and one in twenty women in the UK are active enough for good health. Long-term health problems and disabilities rise sharply with age. As such, being more active is one way in which to fight this trend!